A very big thank you to you Zoe, Laura and Graham for your guidance and patience while we made our decisions and finally bought 'Coral', our lovely Fresco Green VW Camper.- Jon and Anne
Everyone knows the original 1950’s Volkswagen camper; it’s a legend throughout the world and with over 60 years of constantly improving design and technology the T5 California and the T6 California have blazed a trail, giving you more reliability and comfort on your travels.
Right from the first, Volkswagen had a reliable base model in the form of the Transporter, so conversion into a camper was an obvious step – and ta-da! The T5 California was created, the first Volkswagen factory built camper and the first to hit the UK market with a European Whole Vehicle Type seal of approval. It sold like hotcakes and still does with the latest models having no compromise when it comes to innovative space saving design and up-to-the-minute functionality.
Both the Volkswagen T5 California and the Volkswagen T6 California come in a range of colours; the vibrant Grape Yellow or Cherry Red will really stand out from the crowd, whilst Oryx White or Reflex Silver give a slick on-trend look. You’ll also have a choice of interiors and trims, but whatever you go for, it’s going to look great.
At less than 5m long and under 2m high you’ll have drivability and agility you can depend on wherever you are – in the city, the mountains or out in the winding country lanes. Live the dream, make it real.
Volkswagen T6 California
Freedom and independence are yours with more bells and whistles than you can imagine; think of it as a mini hotel on wheels, although the T6 California is just as happy doing the school run as it is on a spur-of-the-moment weekend driving along the coast. Choose from the Ocean and the Beach – both are equally stylish and practical; in fact, you’ll quickly come to think of them as staunch and reliable friends – a camper van you can trust to take you wherever you want to go.
The flexible 4 berth design assures you comfort by day and night, with the pop-up roof operated manually in the Beach and by electro-hydraulics in the Ocean; what’s more, the upper berth can be swiftly shut off with a roller shutter when not in use. The generous washrooms mean you can get freshened up with ease, the snazzy kitchen block makes on-board cooking a doddle, and the flexible seating area allows you to relax in comfort. Add to that the extensive driver assistance and mobile connectivity and there’s nothing left wanting.
This is a truly versatile vehicle, with a list of extras as long as your arm – optional roll out awning and removable camping chairs mean you can sit outside and watch the sunset; life on the open road awaits you, go and explore with the Volkswagen T6 California.
Volkswagen T5 California
The factory built Volkswagen T5 California has been a world class leader in its field ever since it first hit the market in 2003; designed to the high standards consistently maintained by Volkswagen, comfort and functionality is at the forefront, with performance, design and space being key.
On board you’ve got everything including the kitchen sink; room to store your pots and pans, a 42l fridge to keep your food fresh, and ample space for food prep and cooking on the gas hob. The seating area converts to a very comfortable double bed in a matter of minutes, and the trademark Volkswagen pop-up roof gives you further snooze space for two.
The use of space is ingenious – no kidding, this beast gives you room to seat 7, store your luggage and sports gear and still sleep 4 adults, and there’s nothing they haven’t thought of – a built in wardrobe, heaps of storage, an on-board water supply, ample bathroom and super-cosy living/ sleeping areas.
Along with all the optional extras there’s a choice of engines – a 2.5l five cylinder diesel engine with 130PS or the quicker 170PS version, and with the Volkswagen 4MOTION model there’s even a rear differential lock. Drive with confidence, travel in style, this is a second home on wheels that gives you the freedom to get out and see the world, to make those dreams come true.
Features & Options
- Air conditioning.
- Electric windows.
- Electric heated folding door mirrors.
- A Decent radio/cassette player with 8 speakers (dealer fitted CD/radio option).
- Leather covered steering wheel, handbrake grip and manual gear knob.
- Steering column is height and rake adjustable.
- Lockable glove compartment.
- Mobile phone holder.
- Two cup holders.
- Heated front seats.
- Heated washer jets and many other features including external temperature display.
- Extras include Sat Nav and Cruise Control.
- Electro-hydraulic roof can be raised or lowered at the touch of a button.
- Windows in rear are all double glazed other than the sliding door window.
- Remote controlled parking heater.
- Doors are all remotely operated and centrally locked.
- Inertia reel seat belt and ISOFIX anchorage points (not available on 4MOTION California).
- Double bed measures 120 x 200cm.
- Overhead storage box above the lower bed.
- Two front swivel seats with rear bench creates 4 person living area.
- Optional adjustable fifth seat which folds away and is removable.
- Mosquito nets in the sides of the canvas for good ventilation.
- Pull down blinds providing full blackout, also for windscreen and cab doors.
- Removable storage drawer under the rear bench for extra storage space.
- The kitchen has a two burner hob, sink, cutlery drawer, folding worktop and a handy Waeco 42 litre coolbox compression unit.
- 30 litre fresh water and waste tanks which are protected against frost.
- Fluorescent light and five halogen spotlights with individual switches.
- Pair of foldaway chairs and an outdoor table each with their own storage space when not in use.